Each calendar can be sat up independently.
- Calendar name.
- Calendar content: particular project issues, saved filter results or instant filter (JQL-query) results.
Date-time fields the calendar items will be based on. Each calendar entry should have a start date/date&time and end date/date&time to be displayed within a calendar view. This setting allows you to select the pair of fields with Date Picker or Date-Time Picker type. Adding these fields to issue screens is not necessary. Selecting of Date Pickers will set your issue for the full day within a calendar while Date-Time Pickers will allow you to put issues within precise time frames.
The Due Date system field is not available for the selection. Changing of this field requires the Schedule Issues project Permissions and that can lead to improper working of Calendar.
To link your issues to Due Date use the appropriate way to pass the Due Date value to a custom Date Picker or Date-Time Picker field.
- Direct link to the calendar (as the Calendar section path doesn't contain the particular selected calendar id).
- Default view – the default mode for the calendar.
- Show time – time frames for the Day modes
- Available modes – select the views that will be available for the calendar (a user will be able to switch between the modes within the calendar)
- Unplanned issues – displaying of the section that contains the issues with empty calendar dates fields.
- Show saved filters – select what filters should be available for the Unplanned issues section.
- First day of the week – define the first ay of the Week modes
- Hide days – select the days of the week that shouldn't be displayed in the calendar.
- Allow non-Jira events – check if a user should b able to create calendar entries other than issues.
- Show My reminders – check if a user should be able to browse their reminders (the Reminder for Jira app) within the calendar.
- Year view columns count – select how many months should be displayed within one line of the Year mode.
- Ability to show the avatar on issues panels calendar.
- Ability to show the username on issues panels calendar.
- Choose issue user to show details - select a user-picker field.
Show custom fields in calendar events:
Show custom fields in calendar events legend
Here you can create quick filters for the calendar. For each quick filter specify:
- Group – filters can be grouped in a kind of tabs. Name the group or select a group from already existing ones.
- the filter query
- the field for instant filtering
- Join filters by OR – if checked, the combined list of issues will be displayed if several filters are selected. Otherwise, only the issues that meet both filters will be displayed.
Here you can set the rules of calendar cards coloring according to a JQL-condition. A card color will be defined by the first met condition from the list.
Define which users will be able to use (browse and manage) the calendar. If left empty, only the calendar creator will have access to the calendar.
- All tasks to all-day - If checked all issues are shown as for whole day tasks and the time of issues converts to 00:00-23:59. The issues in Week view are shown in "All-day" upper part of the calendar
- Use All day section to show issues planned on some full-time days - If checked issues that have the time 00:00-23:59 or from workday beginning to the workday ending (see Show Time setting at Calendar layout) are shown as for whole day tasks in Week view "All-day" upper part of calendar. Other issues are shown in the time grid below.
- Show time in calendar events - If checked the start time and finish time of issue is shown in the calendar view.
- Original estimate should not be changed - If checked the changes of the issue's duration in Calendar will not effect on issue's Original estimate. When unchecked original estimate changes accordingly to issue duration.
- Time format - Select 12 or 24 hours time format.
- Group by - Select grouping by the assignee and starting with 1.6.0 version by User Select (Single) type field or no grouping in Timeline View or Day view. Only the assignees for the chosen period will be shown if none of the groups defined.
- JIRA groups to limit "Group by" items - Choose groups of users to be shown in Timeline View or Day view with "Group by" enabled.
- Groups which users can edit issues on the calendar - Only users of listed groups can edit issues on the calendar (move, expand, shrink) according to user's project permissions. If no group is selected any user can edit issues according to their project/issue permissions.