The CRM attribute to Jira field post-function allows users to copy a CRM entry attribute value to a relevant Jira issue field.
You can pass on or more values simultaneously. There are 3 input parameters in the post-function:
- Source entry – a link to a source CRM entry;
- Source Attribute – a CRM entry attribute to fetch the value from;
- Target Field – a Jira field to copy the value to. Only the fields of the relevant types (see the table below) will be suggested.
As not all fields and attributes are compatible, the following restrictions were set:
CRM attribute type (Source Entry)
Jira custom field type (Target Field)
|String (255 chars)||→||Text Field (single line)|
|Textarea||→||Text Field (multi-line)|
|Directory||→||CRM Custom Directory|
|JIRA user||→||User Picker (single user)|
Group Picker (multiple groups)
The main case to use this post-function is the requirement to fetch some data from a linked CRM entry to a Jira issue not instantly but in a particular status.
For example, there is a workflow that supposes adding a company manager in the particular status of the process, i.e. Review. The manager specified in each CRM Company entry.
In this case, you should add the CRM Attribute to Jira Field post-function to the workflow transition to the Review status, specifying:
- CRM Company custom field as a source entry
- 'Manager' attribute (Jira User type) as a source attribute
- Required issue user-picker field as a target field
While passing the transition, the manager selected for the company in the CRM will be added to the issue field.
There is no option to fetch info from a List of values CRM attribute to a Select List Jira field as they in fact refer to the different lists and a minor inconsistency of these lists will disrupt the function work.
However, there is a workaround that supposes using the Custom Directory to Directory combination instead:
- Set the new custom directory in the CRM administration menu.
- Navigate to this directory in CRM and fill it in with the required values.
- Add a CRM Custom Directory custom field to the Jira issue screen and configure it to use the required CRM directory as an origin.
- Add the Directory attribute to a CRM Company/Contact card and configure it to use the same CRM directory as an origin.
- Add the CRM Attribute to Jira Field post-function at the transition of the relevant workflow and configure it.