HelpDesk adds to JIRA Issue interface the Create related issue option that allows a user to create a related issue that will be automatically linked with the original one by the predefined link type and contain some information from the original issue. This option has been made for the agents (but not only for them) who need to pass the client's needs to the development team by creating the linked issues.
How to Use
If set up, the HelpDesk allows you to use the Create related issue option to create a linked issue according to the predefined rules. You will see the Create related issue link in your issue actions (More).
The particular fields information to be copied from the original issue and the new issue will be linked to the original one with the predefined link type.
The extra options include:
- ability to select if the original issue attachments should be copied;
- ability to select (highlight) a part of the original description to make it the related issue description (only works if the description field auto-copying hasn't been set up).
Navigate to Jira Administration → HelpDesk → Related Issues and set the following rules:
Define who should be able to use the functionality. Navigate to HelpDesk Settings → Customer Area → Request Tracking and select the relevant groups:
The link type that will be applied from the side of the original issue if the following conditions applied:
- the original issue meets the JQL
- the project selected for the related issue creation = Project
- the issue type selected for the related issue creation = Issue Type
The fields to be copied to the related issue creation screen by default.
The following types of field are available for copying:
- Due Date
- Description (don't select this field if you want to allow users to create the related issue upon a part of description they may highlight manually)
- Affects Version/s
- Fix Version/s
- User picker
- Select list
- Date/time picker
- CRM Company
- CRM Contact
- CRM Product
- CRM Directory
Look at the example:
- If a user creates a related issue of the Story type from the Support project to the App development project – this issue will be automatically linked to the original one with the relates to linking type.
- If a user creates a related issue of the Bug type from the Support or App development projects to the App development project – this issue will be automatically linked to the original one with the blocks linking type.
The following fields will be copied from the original issue: Summary, Team, Component/s