With HelpDesk, you can set goals for how quickly you manage customer issues. You might know them as Service Level Agreements, or SLAs. SLAs help you to control meeting the time requirements such as:
- The first reaction in 1 hour
- All incidents should be resolved in 5 working days
The HelpDesk solution is the two-level SLA control – not only for the whole process of resolving an issue but for the particular teams' actions within this process as well. SLA by Teams is almost the same as SLA but within one company. Basically, the purpose of SLA by Teams is to deliver SLA to a client.
This advanced level of control is optional.
Why SLA 2.0?
We are reconsidering the old SLA functionality due to inconvenient setting and not too high performance. We are developing the whole new functionality in addition to the current one as it seems impossible to migrate the settings smoothly. The current SLA functionality will be working and will be supported as usual except for not being developed further. We are not going to deprecate it till the new SLA functionality comes up to the same level.
- settings accumulating in the admin section;
- OLA to be reconsidered not as a separate entity but as the SLA detailing level with partial settings inheritance;
- the ability to start/stop SLA basing on events;
- color schemes related to the remaining time percentage.
The new settings are only applicable to the new type of field and will not affect the old SLA and OLA fields.