Compatibility 8.15.0 and higher.
- The "View comments section" permission was deleted. From now, the comments section with public comments is always visible within the portal issue view for everyone with access to the issue.
- Related Issue settings minor improvements.
- Customer Area elements were translated.
- Minor visual improvement of the portal issue view.
- Customer Portal: the search bar text was translated to HelpDesk standard languages.
- My issues: number of issues in search result while filtering was increased.
- Bug when reporter field value is changed to HelpDesk-user after issue was edit through portal was fixed.
- SLA 2.0: "Reset" action was fixed.
Customer Portal: a particular portal can now be restricted to groups of users. Use case: different kinds of customers with their own portals that should not be visible to other customers.
For those who use the functionality of the Create button within the My Issues section instead of Portals:
As this functionality now goes again the permissions restrictions by portals, we decided to disable the button by default. You can enable the button in the Customer Area General Settings:
- Customer Area: a user can reload the captcha on the portal login and signup forms.
- Settings: admin can now explicitly select which projects are accessible via the Customer Area.
The change affects the following functionality:
- Portals: requests are restricted to those related to the HelpDesk-related projects.
- Access to issues: only the issues of the HelpDesk-related projects are accessible for users (with relevant permissions) via My Issues or by a direct link.
- Portal search & the Similar Issues custom field: while displaying similar issues, only the HelpDesk-related issues are displayed (with relevant permissions).
- My Issues section filters: options related to non-HelpDesk projects (like issue types, field options, etc.) will not be shown in the columns' filters.
- HelpDesk URL button will only be displayed within HelpDesk-related projects
- Bug with "Screen Schemes & Restrictions For Issues" setting in plugin administration not loading was fixed.
- SLA 2.0: Start/Unpause action now works after Stop action.
- Bug with Logo not displaying on Portal main page was fixed.
- SLA 2.0: bug with advanced SLA total sum recounting after editing was fixed.
- Allow to set attachments visibility: this function is available only in projects chosen in "Projects accessible via Customer Area" setting now.
- Custom Portal: minor visual improvements.
- SLA: SLA 2.0 performance improvement, sorting in gadgets and issue navigator results – 3-5 seconds for 10k issues.
- Bug with the incorrect color of SLA 2.0 fields was fixed.
- The problem with not all issues could be found by the slaBreached JQL-function was resolved.
- The problem with incorrect sorting of SLA fields was resolved.
- Bug with SLA fields sorting in Issue Navigator was fixed.
- Minor visual improvements.
- Bug with the translation of CRM-fields not working on Customer Portal was fixed.
- Bug with not all notification schemes being available in the "HelpDesk project notification scheme" was fixed.
- Bug with incorrect search by crmSLAProgressIssues JQL if SLA status is not "Progress" was fixed.
- Bug with an error message when choosing a value in "Project picker (single project)" field in Customer Portal was fixed.
- Bug with SLA 2.0 status changing earlier than event triggering change occurs was fixed.
- Bug with the ability to browse internal SD comments for hd-users on Customer Portal was fixed.
- Email validation for the "Invite" field in Portal's issues was added.
- The ability to add the Resolution field to the "My Issues" section was added.
- The ability to display EpicTime plugin fields to the "My Issues" section was added.
- The ability to add HTML to the name of the SLA 2.0 level was added.
- The "Issues in Epic" section was separated from the other issue links section on the Customer Portal.
It's highly recommended to update the app to this version due to the fixed security issue
- Customer area: security issue was fixed.
- SLA 2.0: bug with settings of SLA status get empty after several savings was fixed.
- Bug with incorrect CRM Company field value for issues created via the Customer portal was fixed.
- SLA 2.0: bug when the due date of the field shows the date and time instead of "Undefined" when the SLA countdown is paused was fixed.
- SLA 2.0: bug with incorrect due date calculation after overdue SLA's level changing was fixed.
- The problem when some filled required custom fields couldn't be saved was fixed.
- Uploading and saving a new banner for Portal's home page was fixed.
- Bug with a redirect to Jira login page after several failed attempts to log into HelpDesk was fixed.
- My issues: problem with incorrect default header if there are no Appearance settings was fixed.
- Duplicate error message when required fields are not filled while issue creation on Customer Portal was fixed.
- Bug with some field types not copying from parent issue while creation related issue was fixed.
- My issues: bug with columns random renaming after filters reset was fixed.
- My Issues section: bug with "hide empty tabs" and "tab permissions" settings not working with the first tab in the section was fixed.
- Problem with "My Issues" page redirect to HelpDesk start page if no portals are enabled was fixed.
- "Attachment visibility" function doesn't affect displaying of attachment's information anymore.
- The ability to change Time Zone in HelpDesk-user's profile was added.
- Minor visual improvements.
- SLA: SLA 2.0 fields now support working calendars.
- SLA: Team SLA levels now displays the sum of team goals to ease the SLA dividing process.
- Confluence Integration: link to the Confluence integration app was added to HelpDeks settings:
- Customer Portal: quick link to the Confluence page, that is displayed on a portal, is now available within settings.
- Customer Area: field contexts are taken into account on portals and within issue tracking section.
- SLA 2.0: renaming of SLA level or changing color scheme doesn't affect "due date" anymore.
- My issues: bug with the ability to change issue type via the "Edit" button when it's restricted in Jira was fixed.
- Problem with conflict of JS script added with issue creation in Customer Portal was fixed.
- Bug with adding attachments from email while issue creation was fixed.
- SLA gadget: now the link from SLA Gadget to Issue Navigator shows the correct list of issues with Overdue/Not overdue SLA.
- SLA Gadget: dates display for SLA statistics was improved.
- Issues search by JQL "SLA time was spent" function was fixed.
- My issues section: Problem with multi-line text displaying in one line in "Description" and "Environment" fields after issue editing was fixed.
- Customer Portal: bug with Log-in page displaying in chosen language was fixed.
- Problem with timeout error with SLA field in card layout on the board page was resolved
- 'My Issues' Section: now user filters and sorting is being applied (per user) until changed intentionally.
- HelpDesk Email Handler: ability to automatically add additional addressees to issue as Participants (from TO / CC to Jira issue user picker).
- Comments Security: internal/public comment selection is now visualized on transition screens as well as on the issue view screen.
- Comments Security: Russian translation for comment buttons added.
- Customer Area: the ability to edit own comments and manage watchers via Customer Area was added (works according to the project permissions).
- HD Email Handler: a new parameter was added that allows displaying the email TOs in the selected issue's field on creation via email.
- HD Email Handler: displaying of the incoming inline attachments was improved.
- Customer Area: when unauthorized user reset their password via Customer Area, the relevant system notification refers to HelpDesk, not to Jira.
- Customer Area: the screen that is displayed after the password reset now doesn't contain the link to HelpDesk (in case there is also Jira Service Desk on the instance) not to confuse the Service Desk customers.
- Customer Area: password reset via HelpDesk interface will now send the HelpDesk-relevant notification, not the standard Jira one.
- Customer Portal: field is not displaying on issue creation screen, if its context doesn't match project and issue type of current request.
- My issues section: export of "Updated" and "Resolution date" fields now works correctly.
- Login and Sign-up pages now display appearance settings from Default portal.
- Error in comments section when login with the private link was resolved.
- "Wiki articles for HelpDesk" field: problem with connection to Confluence timeout was resolved.
- Problem with incorrect screen displayed while request creation was fixed.
- Bug with excess history in issue from SLA 2.0 field was fixed.
- Bug with incorrect name of the file downloaded from portal issue was fixed.
- Customer Area: the bug with extra login request via a private link was fixed
- The issue update event won't be fired when an issue reporter is set to an actual request author.
- HD Mail Handler + browser Outlook mail client: bug with incoming mail images displaying was fixed.
- Portal Appearance: requests are centered (max 3 in a row) if the horizontal alignment is selected.
- Portal: portal search minor improvements
- Canned Responses: options scroll was improved.
- Customer Area: a new page – Home Page (List of Portals) with the list of portals – is now available. In case you have more than one portal, you can set this page to be the default one and appear after login to the Customer Area. Set the banner if required.
A customer portal description is now available in the Portals section to make the portal choosing easier for your customers.
- Jira System announcement banners are not visible in the Customer Area anymore
- Request name cropping in the horizontal theme was eliminated.
- Customer Area: portal search speed was improved
- Customer Area: issue restrictions & schemes settings were moved to the overall Customer Area level from the portal-specific level.
While updating please check the settings were transferred correctly in case you had more than one portal.
- Customer Area: global portal pages (My Issues, profile, etc.) inherit the interface settings (except banner) not from the last visited portal but from the default one.
- Customer Area: performance improvements
- Customer Area: inline image "copy-paste" bug was fixed
- Related Issues: the button won't be available if there are no settings for this project/issue type combination
- Request Tracking: bug with request search by issue key (in case of Oracle DB) was fixed
- Confluence Articles Auto-Search (custom field) : now articles auto-populating reacts correctly to the inline summary editing
- Minor visual improvements within the admin section
- Request Tracking: 'My Issues' section tab bug was fixed
Customer Area: Multiple portals with the ability to brand them differently are now available for your customers.
Note that all portals have the same access permissions for now. The future improvements are going to include the home page for the whole Customer Area and the permissions splitting for the portals. Stay tuned!
- General: Schedule Issues and Set Issue Security project permissions bug was fixed – now those actions on the Portal are only available for users with the relevant permissions within projects.
- Request Tracking: 'My Issues' search by key and summary was fixed.
- Customer Portal: the "empty page" bug was fixed.
- Ability to display the SLA 2.0 custom fields as columns in the Issue Tracking section.
- Russian translation added for the Portal Search field.
- Vertical Portal layout (now you can choose between horizontal and vertical ones).
Portal Search functionality improvements: search relevant confluence articles, request types and existing issues in a single place. Note that the old request search will no longer be available:
Preparing for mobile Portal!
Due to the number of requests we are adjusting the Customer Portal to be usable from any device. There are several changes already in the current version. Please, check them (below) before updating to this version: you may need to change the Portal settings in advance.
Mobile Portal and portal names limits
As we are working on Portal scaling (to make working from different devices handy), we have to limit the number of lines to be displayed for the request name and the request description.
The recommended sizes are:
- 18 symbols for request name
- 86 symbols for request description
Mobile Portal and requests alignment
Due to better scaling, we changed request alignment from the center to left:
In one of the upcoming versions, we will provide you one more layout for customer portal items:
- The banner now is shown only on the main portal page, not on My Issues page, not within an issue
- Customer Portal Search: confluence search logic was fixed, now searching within page titles and labels, not within page body.
- Customer Portal localization: all portal pages are now translated to the default system language (if the user localization settings were not changed).
- Customer Portal: bug with permissions to create requests was fixed.
- My Issues Section: the issue key filter bug was fixed.
- My Issues Section: the confusing number that hadn't met the real number of issues on the tab was hidden. (Displaying the real number of issues on the tab would significantly affect performance).
- SLA 2.0
We are reconsidering the old SLA functionality due to inconvenient setting and not too high performance. We are developing the whole new functionality in addition to the current one as it seems impossible to migrate the settings smoothly. The current SLA functionality will be working and will be supported as usual except for not being developed further. We are not going to deprecate it till the new SLA functionality comes up to the same level.
- HD Mail Handler: ability to not ignore the real sender's project rights
- General: users without a license (HelpDesk customers) can be selected in the User Picker (multiple users) custom field.
- Customer Portal: default priority to be assigned to an issue created from the Portal even if not displayed on the issue creation screen.
- Customer Portal: cascading select list default value displaying bug was fixed.
- Customer Portal: the dates format bug on the portal was fixed.
- Customer Portal: field necessity marks were restored.
- Customer Portal: the Environment system field displaying was fixed for all kind of screens in HelpDesk
- My Issue Section: checkboxes displaying in filters was fixed.
- My Issues Section: Date-type filters bug was fixed.
- HD Notifications: correct behavior in case of project name change or project deletion.
- Similar Issues: the number of displaying entries bug was fixed.
- Similar Issues: exceptions bug was fixed.
- General: HelpDesk superuser mentions in the History section an Activity Stream gadget was eliminated.
- General: now you can search for HelpDesk issues by the creator (the real creator will be taken into account, not the superuser).
- Customer Portal: The Fix/Versions, Labels, Components fields now work correctly on the portal issue edit screen.
- Portal Page: the ability to use tabs and custom expands was added.
- Portal Page: Confluence integration bug on the Portal was fixed.
- My Issues: bug that allows users to delete others' attachments on the Portal with ignoring the project permissions was fixed.
- HD Notifications now work correctly with the bulk change of issues.
- Invitation: The invited user will be added to the ticket (in the field according to the settings)
- LAB Customer Portal: The custom fields of Insight app are now being rendered on the Portal (must be sat up). Check the link as there are some restrictions.
- Similar Issues Search: Exceptions for similar issue search were relocated to the similar issues custom field.
- Confluence Articles: the field now allows you to search by page names and/or labels. The search settings were relocated to the custom field settings.
- Customer Portal: language selection on the login screen is now available by default.
- Customer Portal: it's possible now to navigate to the My Issues and Portal sections from the screen of the unavailable issue.
- Customer Portal: restrictions regarding the number of issues to export was obsoleted. All issues can be exported now at once.
- SLA & OLA: SLQ-related JQL methods performance was improved
- SLA & OLA: new JQL-methods for OLA, JQL-method for finding all issues with SLA due date is in the particular date (and time) interval
- Canned Responses: line breaks now preserved in visual mode.
- Customer Portal: Comment publishing on the Portal does not bring to the whole page being reloaded anymore.
- Customer Portal: attachments upload was fixed.
- My Issues Section: Sprint system field column now shows all sprints the issue relates to
- My Issue Section: the message about successful attachment upload was fixed
- SLA & OLA: OLA-field Due Date calculating was fixed
- SLA & OLA: HelpDesk post-functions now work correctly on the automatic transitions (i.e. made by the Automation app).
- SLA & OLA: the JQL-methods for undefined SLA/OLA search now don't ignore the field name parameter.
- HD Notifications: custom notifications variables displaying bug was fixed.
- Issue From Comment: Creating issue from comment: auto-selecting the comment author as a new issue reporter was restored
- SLA & OLA: the new JQL methods allow to find the issues with not defined SLA and OLA.
- HD notifications: ability to customize the additional text for the notifications containing the private link added.
- HD Settings: the option "Use Jira project notification scheme for Jira users" was hidden from the HelpDesk project notifications settings. From this version, the users with access to Jira will get the Jira-links while the users with no access to Jira will get the HD-links.
- HD Settings: language selection on the login screen is now available by default
- HD notifications: private links functionality was changed: now a user will get a private link with the read-only issue view, only if not already logged in.
- HD notifications: the HelpDesk link to be copied to the clipboard by one click within an issue (Chrome, Safari); to be displayed and ready for copying (Firefox).
- User Dashboard: issue fields' columns on the HD-dashboards were adjusted for visual convenience.
- SLA & OLA: the SLA- and OLA-type fields now displaying the pause icon during the work schedule break.
- Customer Portal: if there is only one tab on the issue view screen at the Portal, the tab name will be hidden.
- HD notifications: the "Add Comment" link was hidden from the private view of an issue.
- HD-notifications: HD-link in a task to be populated using the base URL.
- HD Settings: the "View Edit Issue Button" setting was hidden as the ability to edit an issue on the Customer Portal depends on the project permissions.
- HD Settings: wording improvements
- HD Comments: bug with duplicative icons for issue creating from comment was fixed.
- SLA & OLA: the Due Date calculation was corrected
- Customer Portal: custom fields on the Portal now consider the current user language settings.
- Customer Portal: bug with empty fields at the Portal issue edit form (while filled at the view form) was fixed.
- Customer Portal: attachments behavior problem on the Customer Portal was fixed.
- The OLA functionality based on the SLA functionality provided
- The "Show warning message before entering HelpDesk from Jira" option was hidden from the HelpDesk settings
- The trash attachments (version 1.9) functionality was removed
- The new option added in the HD Mail Handler creating the new users from CC and instantly adding them to watchers
- The Customer Portal settings editing is available now even if the Portal is switched off
- Comment Templates renamed to Canned Responses
- Comments: security issue fixed, helpdesk clients don't receive notifications upon the private comments now
- Customer Portal: the issue creation screen reach text panel of the description field was restored
- Customer Portal: attachments browsing functionality during the workflow transition was restored
- Customer Portal: context-specific functionality for the User Picker type of fields fixed
- User Dashboard: the Created filter drop-down menu alignment was fixed
- Relative Issues: duplicative pop-up notification on related issue creation was removed
- HD notifications: "Send private link" functionality was fixed