Note that you may be restricted to use some functionality due to permissions settings (Administrator's Guide).
However, there are several cast-iron rules:
- Only licensed users with access to Jira can receive reminders (check takes place during the dispatch attempt).
- Any licensed Jira user can create personal reminders for themselves.
- The reminder creator can manage and delete the reminder.
- The reminder assignee (personal or as a part of a group) can browse the reminder and its parameters.
Reminders section location
Check the reminders panel in an issue. Here you can browse and manage issue-related reminders and create new ones. There are two types of reminder creation – quick one and 'from scratch' for more complex settings.
In case you cannot see the panel, look for it in the issue options.
There are several predefined options available to create quick reminders for yourself only and without messages:
- Tonight – upcoming midnight
- Tomorrow – option means +1 day to the current date and time;
- In a week – option means +7 days to the current date and time;
- In a month – the same date the next month (with the shift for the 'border' dates: May, 31 – June 30, January 30 – February 28, etc.)
A Reminder From Scratch
You can create a reminder "from scratch" by clicking the Reminder button. This option allows you to make reminders for other users and to make periodical reminders.
The list of users the reminder should be sent to. If you are granted the right to create group reminders (check the Admin Guide) you'll be able to select not only users but also user groups in this field.
Periodicity of the reminder being sent. The following options are available: Don't repeat, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly (from the first sending time).
When / Starts on
Date and time for the reminder to be sent (or the first sending time for the recurrent reminders).
For the periodical reminders, you can additionally specify the formula and the end date.
Optional text to be included in the email.
The upcoming issue reminders will be visible in the same section. They are also can be found in the special My Reminders (section) section.