Reminder functionality overview
The Reminder app allows regular Jira user to set their own reminders from any JIRA issue. Reminder is the email with link to the issue to be automatically sent to Jira users or groups of users (according to the Reminder app settings) at the specified time and with specified message.
You can create as many reminders as you'd like to for any issue you have access to.
Creating quick reminders
There are several predefined options available to create quick reminders for yourself only and without messages:
- In a week
- In month
The Tonight and Tomorrow options should be configured in the My Reminders section.
The In a week option means +7 days to the current date and time, the In month option is the same date the next month.
Creating a reminder from scratch
You can create a reminder "from scratch" by clicking the Reminder button. This option allows you to make reminders for other users and to make the periodical reminders.
To create a new reminder from scratch click on Reminder button at the right panel of issue card and specify the following information:
- Who – the list of users the reminder should be sent to. If you we granted with rights to create group reminders (check the Admin Guide) you'll be able to select not only users but also user groups in this field.
- When – date and time for the reminder to be sent.
Period – periodicity of the reminder sending. The following options are available: Once, Every day, Every week, Every month (from the first sending time). You can specify the end date for the periodical reminders. If you select the periodical option, you can specify the finish date&time. 'When' to be considered as start date.
- Message – optional text to be included to the email.
The upcoming reminders will be visible in the same issue section. They are also can be found in the special My Reminders section.
My Reminders section
Navigate to Profile → My Reminders section to browse and manage your reminders.
There are two tabs in the My Reminders section:
- Created for me – includes your own personal reminders, reminders made for you personally by someone else, reminders made for the group you participates
- Created by me for others – includes reminders created by you for other users and group of users
Navigate to Reminder Settings to set up the time for the Tonight and Tomorrow reminder options. It's AM time for tomorrow and PM time for tonight by default.
- A user can manage the reminder created by themselves.
- A user can manage their personal reminders, no matter if it was created by themselves or by someone else.
- A user can only browse the reminders made for them as a for a group member.
These rules are applicable both for the My Reminders section and for the in-issue-view of the reminders.