At first, the Reminder application should be added to your Jira and enabled. Read how to find, add and manage the Server apps (Atlassian documentation).
After installation the Reminders section will appear in the Administration → Manage Apps menu, Teamlead section. Also, the My Reminders section will be available in a user Profile drop-down menu (check the User's Guide).
As Jira admin you can do the following:
- manage reminders permissions;
- access and manage the list of reminders of all users in Reminders administration menu;
- create a reminders like a regular user.
Use the standard Jira hotkey g+g to reach the Reminders settings from any place in Jira:
To manage the app permissions:
- Go to Administration → Manage Apps →Reminders;
Select the groups of users that should be able to perform the particular action.
Leave a field empty to grant particular rights to all users.
Note that regardless of the settings any user can manage and delete their personal reminders and the reminders created by themselves.
Reminders list tabs
The list of reminders is separated to two tabs:
- Reminder Queue – contains only future reminders created by all system users. As far as the reminder has worked, it disappears from the tab.
- Reminder Archive – contains the sent reminders.
As Jira Administrator you can browse the reminders information and – for the future reminders only – remove a reminder.
To remove a reminder from the queue:
- Go to > Remove
You can also check the relevant issue by following the link in the reminder. You can create a new reminder the same way as a regular user (check the User's Guide).